Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
How to Manufacture Locally for Food and Beverage Makers
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
If you are planning to produce beverage or packaged food products, this session is for you! In an interactive and supportive environment, you'll learn how to set-up and manage your own manufacturing operation or use contract manufacturers. We'll also have a guest speaker: One of the co-owners of SFMade member, Awesome Bars will join us to tell us about her experience starting a food manufacturing business in San Francisco.
We will cover key considerations including:
• Assessing your needs and what makes the most sense for your particular business
• Information and referrals to local kitchens, co-packers, and other resources
• Acquiring facilities and equipment, and where to look
• Zoning and Permitting Issues
• Addressing legal issues and labeling issues and documentation requirements
• Overcoming specific roadblocks and challenges
• Making valuable connections with your local manufacturing community